A quick and easy refashion of a dress that just didn’t suit me.
It had a fake wrap top which gaped and flashed far too much. But the pattern was nice...
... and the fabric floaty. I figured it would be really easy to turn from a dress to a skirt and I was right.
The waist was already gathered with shirring; so, all I needed to do was cut off the bodice and neaten the raw edges.
I used black bias binding to finish the edge. It was a little tricky holding the fabric taut, as it naturally wanted to gather as I sewed. But I think this was just my inexperience in sewing showing.
Quick, fun, and I now have a floaty skirt.
Easy to wear too.