Sunday 10 November 2013

The Stylish Dress Book Vol. 3 Design A

Oh no.... I don't like it!  


I worked really hard on it: it is finished with beautiful French seams; it has lovely pleated tucks, and floaty sleeves.


The trouble is it just doesn't feel right; the sleeves look silly on me, like I'm wearing dress up clothes.
 




As I see it I have three options:

1. Unpick the floaty sleeves
2. Cut it up and use the fabric for something else.
3. Charity shop it.



Am I sad or disheartened... no, not a bit.  I really enjoyed making it. And my husband likes it.  Actually, make that 4 options:

4. Make matching trousers and wear them as PJs in bed, that way the hard work won't be wasted.  Now there's an idea.

NB: this post's photographs were taken by my 7-year-old son!

7 comments:

  1. Take option #5: put it on "the magic hanger" in the back of your wardrobe until spring and reassess it ;) The floaty sleeves & unstructured design is always my concern with Japanese designs, but somehow, in mid summer, there's no more perfect top ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. The blouse is really comfy and the fabric is also so very soft. I shall try and learn to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I think it looks nice (and not like you're wearing dressing up clothes!) if that helps at all! I definitely wouldn't give up on it yet, I'd say go with option 4 or your new option 5, and if you're still not happy with it then maybe see about options 1 or 2 - there's usually a way to solve a problem or create something new from the material!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the positive feedback, I've decided I am going to wear it. The good thing about it being so big and floaty is I can easily get a nice little jumper underneath so it is good for this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it too - love the frilly sleeves and the fabric - and completely agree that it will be perfect in spring and summer. Be bold and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wore it again yesterday its growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this blouse, I've been wanting to make it for a long time and I think I'll try it now that I've seen yours, it looks so nice to wear!

    ReplyDelete