In the process, I seem to have made a great pair of winter pyjamas. The fabric is from my epic charity shop haul the other day. Three metres of soft and fluffy double jersey for £2!
First up is my practice Linden. I have seen so many wonderful versions in blogland. At first I just admired the pattern from afar, then during Me-Made-May I decided I wanted one. It's taken a long time to get round to it, but I am so pleased I have.
It's easy to make and great to wear. The fabric didn't have enough stretch to use for the neckline. So I just grabbed a stretchy piece of blue jersey for the neck from my bulging scrap basket. In hindsight, I could have just cut the pattern piece a bit bigger to make up for the lack of stretch, but this didn't occur to me until later.
I am so thrilled with this sweatshirt that I jumped on-line and have purchased two lovely pieces of sweatshirting for my next version. I am very grateful to January sales for softening the financial blow!
The trousers are Simplicity 1314 (which I admit I bought for the dress pattern) which I have also been meaning to try for ages. Slim fitting knit trousers, perfect for winter mornings. I am glad I made these as a muslin because the fit isn't quite right. The front is fine, but the centre back sits lower than the front. (Guess I have a big bum!)
My first thought was to add a wedge shape to the top of the back pattern piece, but after some research I think I should try slashing and spreading as suggested by Gertie!