My dress is almost finished, although it still needs to be hemmed. Hopefully, this won't take too long.
I'm rather pleased with it: I like the way the white shows through the teal.
The back of the dresses are closed with a drawstring ribbon. I hope they don't come undone on the night! I may put some hooks and eyes in too.
But even though the end is in sight on my dress, I only started on darling husband's costume today. Argh! Only 5 days to go. But I have at least got my ideas sorted.
I have brought a suit from a charity shop for £7.59, and the plan is to hack it about so my hubbie looks like a dashing beau. But first he needs a waistcoat.
I have cut up a old cushion cover and a pillow case to create a this. It's unlined and not finished yet, but you get the idea. These waistcoats often had high collars to showcase their swanky cravats.
I had no pattern; I just folded fabric and pinned until it worked. If only the cushion had been larger, the collar could have been higher. But never mind - it will do.
Tomorrow, I hope to finish this waistcoat and add some beautiful buttons to it.