Wednesday 9 December 2015

Hello again

Hello everyone, it's been ages since my last post, and it's been ages since I last sewed anything! But there is a reason, and it's a good one. We have spent the last few months in the utter chaos of having a loft extension and general remodelling of our house.


If that wasn't exciting enough, one of the benefits of the extension is ... my own sewing room!



The room is long and narrow with two velux windows for lots of light.


My new room prompted a trip to Ikea to get a new table! I feel a bit like the cat who got the cream at the moment. The rest of the house is in disarray with everything in boxes and covered in dust! All I want to do is shut myself in there and sew, but it may take a while to get back into full swing.


I have at least made a start and cut out a pair of dungarees for the middle boy.  All I need is a little bit of time, and I'll be away!


8 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'm jealous of you having a whole room to yourself. I have the dining table as my sewing area. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I admit the building process had been rather grueling!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see it - looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you getting your own sewing room! Hope that the chaos subsides so you get time for sewing in it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Congratulations! it looks like a lovely space - as someone whose sewing space is also the dining room I am very jealous!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh it looks amazing!! No wonder you just want to hide away & sew, it looks like a perfect sewing space! Good luck with getting the rest of the house back in order,I hope it doesn't interfere to much with sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Jealous*! This looks amazing. So light and just perfect. Hopefully you will get a chance to put it into practise soon! x

    ReplyDelete