The fabric is a light wool tartan. It's great quality, but there was only a little of it; so, I shortened the length to 17 inches and could just about fit the pattern pieces on. The fabric was from my Nan's stash and I think (I hope, anyway) that there is more of it up in the loft where I squirrelled away most of the precious stuff. Storage is a bit of an issue here at SeamsOdd Towers so I try not to have too much fabric out and about, otherwise it encroaches on our life, and the kids use it for all kinds of dubious practices!
I much prefer the skirt extra short anyway as it feels so much more me.
I really love this skirt and I feel good in it. It's a great fit and the wool feels soft. I did worry that I'd need to line it for fear of "clinging", but it's been great. It has held its a-line shape well too.
The pattern matching is not great, but to make up for it, this is the neatest zip I've ever put in. I'm rather proud of myself.
Due to the limited amount of fabric, I couldn't afford to lose any of it to a hem, so I've used bias binding like a facing and it's a rather smart effect.
I'm hoping to make at least one more of this pattern as it is so comfortable. Maybe I'll be even quicker on the next one. But first I'll do something different I feel, or I might get bored.